Things get complicated and tricky when you are searching for the best foundation under 10 dollars, especially for oily skin. Here’s how to pick the best foundation under 10 dollars at the drugstore!
Drugstore Foundations Winning Streaks
Drugstore foundations stay winning. Nowadays, affordable drugstore foundations are out here outperforming ridiculously expensive department store products. Thankfully, you no longer have to spend department store money to buy the best foundation. In fact, the best foundation under 10 dollars is at your nearest drugstore. However, this wasn’t always the case but they have come a long way and I am here for it. However, before you pick your foundation here’s what you should be looking for!
Guidelines For Picking The Best Foundation Under 10 Dollars For Oily Skin
- Oil-free foundation: These foundations work exceptional well especially in the hot and humid summer months because they are breathable and they don’t clog pores.
- Oil-controlling foundation: An oil controlling foundation keeps the oils at bay longer thereby helping the makeup look fresher longer.
- Mattifying foundation: Mattifying foundations have a powdery texture that works great on oily acne prone skin. In addition, these types of foundations create a velvety oil-free makeup look that pulls light inward.
- Pore-minimizing foundation: The best pore-minimizing foundation gives an illusion of smaller pores especially when photographed. If a foundation is truly pore-minimizing the skin should appear smoother and tighter giving that glassy skin look.
- Long-wearing foundation: Foundations on oily skin tends to shift because of the oil build up as the day progresses. A long-wearing foundation is capable of handling the oil buildup plus touch up throughout the day without completely breaking up or disappearing from the skin.
- Buildable coverage foundation: Buildable coverage is important especially if you have stubborn acne scars to cover. It’s so irritating when foundations claim to be medium to full coverage but fail to cover. Buildable coverage foundations are very useful for covering acne scars without over applying foundation which can easily create a “cakey look”.
- Ghostly foundation flashback: I have yet to find a foundation that’s worth the terrible ghostly foundation flashback! Hence, avoid foundations that create foundation flashback. In general, these foundations are terrible for photography. Moreover, in this social media era with all the flashing going on you don’t need these “flashback problems” in your life.
- Transfer resistant: You need some transfer resistant especially in the beginning. In fact, your foundation shouldn’t be all over the place after application. If the foundation doesn’t stay in place after application, chances are it will not last very long. In fact, it will transfer even more once you start becoming oily.
- Price: We certainly cannot forget the price! Yes, that’s important after all we are trying to save here. The prices of these foundations fluctuates a lot. Today it may be under $10, for example, the L’Oreal Paris Infallible Matte Foundation is currently $9.29. However next week this foundation price can increase up to 5% or more depending on the retailer. So to find the best prices search a few stores online to compare prices. In addition, you can also save more by: (1) Using ebates. (2) Using TopCashBack. (3) Buying products using Amazon Subscribe and Save and (3) using coupons.
- Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Foundation Discontinued What A Bummer
- Best Drugstore Foundations Dupes Under 10 Dollars
- How Drugstore Foundations Have Dramatically Improved
- 30 White Nail Polishes Under 10 Dollars
- How To Get The Most Out Of Your 1 Oz Foundation Bottle
- Best Drugstore Makeup and Best Beauty Supply Store Makeup
Searching For The Best Foundation Under 10 Dollars? See The List Of Foundations Below!
- Best Foundation Under $10 Dollars by L’Oreal Paris | Read more here
Creator and Editor