Positive affirmations have been used since ancient times. This 100+ positive affirmations list is a great way to start your own list or renew your current affirmation list.
However, before exploring this list, here are a few important factors to consider before creating or renewing your own positive affirmations list.
About Positive Affirmations
So firstly, what are positive affirmations?
Positive affirmation is a self-statement that is true and believed by the person. For example, if your affirmation is “I am an intelligent and capable person,” this is a positive affirmation because it gives you confidence in yourself.
Positive affirmations are useful because they can improve your life by changing the way you think, feel and act.
For example, if you think positively, feel positive emotions, and act positively towards others, you can, directly and indirectly, build stronger and more meaningful interpersonal relationships with others.
5 Benefits Of Positive Affirmations
- Improved self-confidence
- Improved self-image
- Increased motivation
- Better interpersonal relationships
- Improved quality of life
#1 Improved self-confidence
Positive affirmations help you improve self-confidence by reinforcing the positive aspects of yourself.
Also, repetition of positive affirmations can make you act by your affirmation. This is because the statement “I am confident” encourages positive behaviors, such as smiling and speaking loudly, which makes you seem more confident to other people.
#2 Improved self-image
Positive affirmations can improve your self-image by changing the way you think about yourself.
Positive affirmations often focus on positive feelings and emotions, such as “I am happy” or “I love myself.” And as a result, these statements can lead to improvement of your mood and make you feel good about yourself.
#3 Increased motivation
By repeating positive affirmations, you can reinforce your goals and increase motivation to achieve them.
For example, if you tell yourself that you are committed to doing something, such as studying or exercising, this will encourage you to stay motivated and do the activity even when it is difficult.
#4 Better interpersonal relationships
Positive affirmations can lead to improved interpersonal relationships by increasing your confidence and changing the way you act.
For example, if your affirmation is “I am a good friend,” this will encourage you to act by that statement. This means being supportive, listening to your friends when they are upset, and prioritizing their needs before yours.
#5 Improved quality of life
Positive affirmations can also affect your behavior and feelings, which can lead to an overall improvement of the quality of your life.
For example, if your affirmation is “I am relaxed,” you will begin to act by that statement because it encourages calming behaviors such as breathing deeply and taking time for yourself.
3 Reasons Affirmations May Not Work
- Unclear affirmations
- Unrealistic affirmations
- Negative affirmations
- Unclear affirmations
#1 Unclear Affirmations
If you don’t know what your affirmation is, it will be difficult to believe and act by it. For example, if your affirmation is “I am rich,” you may not believe this statement because you don’t have substantial wealth.
#2 Unrealistic affirmations
If your affirmation is “I am a successful doctor,” you may find it difficult to believe and act by this statement. For example, if you are studying to become a doctor, it will be difficult to act by this statement if you do not have any achievements.
#3 Negative affirmations
Negative affirmations in particular are not helpful because they reinforce negative thoughts. For example, if your affirmation is “I will never find love,” this statement is negative because it frames love as something that you will never have.
4 Tips About How To Make Affirmations Work
For your affirmations to work, make sure that they are:
- Make believable affirmations
- Be specific and clear
- Ensure your affirmations are positive
- Have an affirmation action plan
#1 Make believable affirmations
Choose affirmations that are believable to you, because if you don’t believe what you are saying, it will be difficult to change your behavior. For example, if your affirmation is “I am an amazing dancer,” you may not believe this statement because you are not a good dancer.
#2 Be specific and clear
When writing your affirmation, make sure that it is specific and clear. This way, you will be able to focus on your goal and believe that achieving it is possible. For example, if your affirmation is “I will be successful,” this statement does not provide enough detail about what you want to achieve.
#3 Ensure your affirmations are positive
Make sure that your affirmation is in positive form. Using the word “not” can negate your affirmation by emphasizing what you don’t want instead of what you do want. For example, if your affirmation is “I am not fat,” you will focus on the negative word “not” rather than what you want to achieve.
#4 Have an affirmation action plan
Write your affirmation and determine what you will do to achieve this goal. For example, if your affirmation is “I will eat healthy food,” write this affirmation down and then determine what healthy foods you will include in your diet.
Positive affirmations can lead to increased confidence, motivation, success, and quality of life.
For your affirmation to work, make sure that it is believable, specific, positive, and include an affirmation action plan.
100+ Positive Affirmations List
Finally, here is access to 100+ positive affirmations – use it as it is or make it your own. Happy affirming!
Positive Affirmations List For Success
- I am blessed beyond measures.
- I am grateful for all that I have and will accomplish.
- I am prepared to take advantage of the great opportunities presented to me.
- I will never give up on my goals and dreams.
- I accomplish anything I focus on.
- I am dependable and resourceful.
- I am a positive person who attracts positive situations for success.
- I choose prosperity over failure.
- I am prepared to work even harder to be successful.
- Today will be another successful day.
Positive Affirmations List For Women
- I am powerful and fearless.
- I am wise and humble.
- I am truly a beautiful soul.
- I am grateful for all the new experiences.
- I am respectful and completely self-aware.
- I focus on positivity for a better me.
- I truly love myself completely.
- I uphold the standards I set for myself.
- I am positive and I attract positivity.
- I am more loving and more forgiving every day.
- I am proud of my decisions.
- I know good things will continue to happen in my life.
- I am proud of who I am becoming.
Positive Affirmations List For Self-Esteem
- I have high self-esteem, so I truly believe in my abilities.
- I am worthy of the best things in life.
- I deserve to be loved.
- I deserved to be respected.
- I am confident in my abilities to make a positive difference.
- So I know I can achieve anything I focus on.
- I am a happy person who has many hopes and dreams.
- My thoughts and opinions are valuable.
- I feel good about myself and the decisions I make.
- I love and respect myself deeply.
Positive Affirmations List For Depression
- Life is great and fruitful.
- Life is meant to be lived fully and deeply.
- So I choose to live my life to the fullest.
- Every life experience presents an opportunity to become wiser and grow stronger.
- So I love new experiences.
- My best gift is my life.
- I am grateful to be alive.
- I am strong and emotionally independent.
- I am a source of inspiration and motivation.
- I am grateful for all I have achieved.
- I bring joy and peace to others.
- I deserve to be happy, therefore I choose to be happy.
Positive Affirmations List For Students
- I strongly believe in myself.
- I am a bright, talented, and successful student.
- I enjoy all my classes because learning new things is fun.
- Passing exams is easy for me because I am always prepared.
- I always begin studying before my exams are even scheduled.
- Focusing while studying for my exams is easy for me.
- Remembering the concepts I study makes me happy.
- I always get good grades because I prepare for exams fully.
- I always ace all my exams easily.
- I enjoy helping others to help them succeed too.
- I am confident in my abilities to achieve all my academic goals.