Clutter holds you hostage to your past! Here are some decluttering tips and logics to help you declutter easily and stress-free to take control of your life!
20 Decluttering Tips To Help You Organize Your Life
- Avoid buying duplicates because you might just end up having two of the same thing to get rid of.
- If an item no longer serves a purpose it’s time to declutter.
- Anything that’s holding you back from greatness is clutter.
- Nostalgic items are the worst type of clutter because they hold you hostage to your past, so declutter to make room for your future.
- If it doesn’t fit your living space without you hopping around for space to place your feet it doesn’t belong.
- Don’t keep items out of personal guilt, financial guilt, or it was a “gift guilt”. If you don’t need or want it someone else is wishing for it.
- If that broken item isn’t fixed within a year get rid of it.
- Decluttering doesn’t always mean throwing away. Sometimes decluttering is donating, returning, selling, gifting, donating, and recycling.
- If you didn’t use it last year you probably won’t use it this year.
- If you have buyer’s remorse after a day return the item to the store. Your future decluttering self will thank you and your bank account too.
More Related Posts:
- 100+ Things To Cancel, Delete, Donate, Sell, Recycle, Gift Or Just Toss To Stay Organized
- 5 Reasons You Should Start Decluttering Your Life
- 10 Laundry Room Organization Ideas To Help You Cut Laundry Turnaround Time
- Tactics for Mentally Conquering The Workplace With Your Mental Health Intact
- There’s Always Room For Improvement Here’s How To Get Better At Anything To Crush Your Goals
- Don’t keep items you wouldn’t buy now.
- After a point, too much clutter starts to look more like a procrastination problem – stop procrastinating. Start getting rid of stuff.
- If you really have to think of a reason to keep an item let it go.
- If you can’t easily clean your space you probably have too much stuff.
- Even if a room is large you don’t need to completely fill it to make it feel whole, less is more.
- If you’re decluttering too much stuff too often, maybe you’re buying too much stuff? Evaluate your spending habits – time to start saving.
- After a point, too much clutter is really a hoarding problem. If you’re hoarding there may be a bigger problem you need to deal with, so be honest with yourself to find out what it is to nip it in the bud.
- Memories outlast things, so cherish memories, not things.
- If you immediately place everything back where they belong you won’t have to do it later.
- If you need storage containers to store stuff you probably have too much stuff.
- Declutter Your Mind: Simple and Effective Strategies to Free Yourself from Anxiety and Worry
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing (The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up)
- Declutter Workbook: A Step by Step Practical Guide to Organising Your Life
- New Order: A Decluttering Handbook for Creative Folks (and Everyone Else)
- Decluttering at the Speed of Life: Winning Your Never-Ending Battle with Stuff