Fashionable costume jewelry is a great cheap alternative to expensive designer jewelry. However, without proper maintenance, fashionable costume jewelry tarnish quickly. Thereby, increasing the cost of owning fashionable costume jewelry significantly due to how often they need to be repurchased.
Benefits Of Designer Jewelry Over Fashionable Costume Jewelry
Most quality designer jewelry outlasts costume jewelry. Hence the main reason people who are financially able may choose to invest in a few statement designer jewelry pieces. However, unfortunately, not everyone can afford expensive designer jewelry. Plus, sometimes that favorite statement piece is a glam piece of fashionable costume jewelry, so what’s the solution?
Thankfully there are various ways you can preserve fashionable costume jewelry easily see information below!
More Related Posts:
- Should You Indulge In High Fashion Designer Dupes To Look Expensive
- How To Dress Boujee When You’re Broker Than Broke Using Designer Dupes Or Designer Look-Alikes Plus More
- 17 Things You Will Most Likely Do When You’re Drunk Because You Didn’t Skip The Booze
- Work Office Hacks You Wish You Used Sooner To Make Your Work Life Better
- Stylish Fall Outfits and Fall Styles To Copy ASAP
How To Preserve Fashionable Costume Jewelry Easily
Store Fashionable Costume Jewelry in Dry Storage Boxes Away from Humidity and Dust
- Humidity and dust is the enemy of costume jewelry. Hence in order to preserve costume jewelry longer avoid humid dusty areas by storing costume jewelry in dry storage boxes.
Add Anti-Tarnish Strips To Dry Storage Boxes
- Add anti-tarnish strips to the dry storage boxes to prevent costume jewelry from tarnishing quickly.
Seal Costume Jewelry with a Clear Glossy Solution to Preserve Fashionable Costume Jewelry Easily
- Overall, jewelry sealing is a very effective way to preserve costume jewelry because it prevents discoloration. Clear glossy solutions like clear top coat nail polish or clear gloss sprays work great as jewelry sealers. Common gloss sprays used to seal costume jewelry includes: Rust-Oleum Stops Rust Protective Enamel Crystal Clear Spray Paint and Minwax Polyurethane Clear Gloss Aerosol . This tutorial shows exactly how to get it done.
Avoid Spraying Perfumes Directly on Costume Jewelry
- If you want your fake jewelry to last put them on last in order to avoid spraying perfumes directly unto your pieces.
Clean Costume Jewelry with Toothpaste, and Baking Soda
- Some people love connoisseurs jewelry cleaner, however, toothpaste and baking soda mixture work like a charm. The trick is to leave the jewelry in the mixture for a few minutes then scrub a little before rinsing. However, understand if your jewelry is already tarnished this mixture most likely isn’t going to completely restore the color.