The easiest path is to give in to follow the crowd or give in to please someone. All you have to say is yes! But what if all you want to say was no! Actually hell no! Well, guess what? That’s okay.
Peer Pressure is everywhere – there’s no escaping it. It’s in our schools, it’s at happy hour, it’s at the office, it’s at the mall, it’s at the spa, it’s on the court, so no wonder people struggle with peer pressure even in adulthood.
Ways To Avoid Peer Pressure
There is only one effective way to avoid peer pressure. (1) Stop feeling obligated to please others at the expense of your happiness – if you don’t want to just say no.
Sometimes it’s hard to say no because the requester is a friend or a family member. However, anyone who really respects you will understand and will never make you feel obligated to perform the request.
Stop Undervaluing The Power Of Saying No To Peer Pressure
Stop underestimating the power of your no. Believe in yourself, be firm and be confident with your response. Remember don’t feel obligated to fulfill random requests, which ultimately leads to peer pressure.
Your no is also powerful and needs to be respected. Additionally, don’t give a reason for saying no, just simply say no. No means no and there isn’t anything wrong with saying no to peer pressure.
More Related Posts:
- Be Aware Of These Harsh Realities Before Turning 30
- How To Make Damn Good Meaningful College Friendships Without Being Pushy
- Social Exchange Analysis Helps Define Personal Relationships
- 5 Reasons You Should Start Decluttering Your Life
- There’s Always Room For Improvement Here’s How To Get Better At Anything To Crush Your Goals
Continue to Say No To Peer Pressure
Regardless of how much you are asked to perform random requests, just continue saying no. Sometimes people don’t take no for an answer – they are persistent. When someone is taking that approach you simply continue to say no. When you continue being adamant with your response they’ll eventually get the picture.
Avoid Peer Pressure At All Cost If You Want To Be Happy
When dealing with peer pressure, the best option is to never give in especially when you’re being pressured by people you have no business being around anyway. Instead, avoid them and avoid peer pressure at all cost because your happiness and your life may one day depend on it.
Latest posts by Jeremy (see all)
- How To Make More Money Without A Raise Or Working More Hours - August 20, 2018
- How To Become A Time Management Ninja Pro - August 15, 2018
- How To Not Take Life For Granted While You Pursue Your Ultimate Dream Lifestyle - August 13, 2018